...fighting visual illiteracy throughout the known universe...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pan's Labyrinth

I thought the movie had great visual effects and the overall theme was depressing, but enlightening. It opened my eyes to evils of the Spanish War and also to the fact that every fairytale doesn't have a happy ending. However, it is debatable whether this movie ended in a positive way because the baby lives on and the dying young girl, Ofiela, has one last glimpse of her accomplishment. It made me feel a range of different emotions, but I enjoyed the ride.

-Nate Walters

2 comments:

  1. Pan's Labyrinth is a very imaginative and thoughtful film. The contrast of the harsh violence associated with the Spanish War with the fantasy and wonderment of the young girl, Ofelia, is perfect. Visually, it was beautiful. I look forward to watching it again.

    -Melissa Hodge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I must say that I agree that this was the most depressing movie I have seen in a long time. I did like the ending because it shows that with every death there is rebirth. I found it quite interesting how he threw religion into the movie. That once she dies she went right back to her "father". i think that he did a very good at it and it won't put people off to the movie.

    Cameron Nord

    ReplyDelete