...fighting visual illiteracy throughout the known universe...

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

scarface movie 1932 vs 1983

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGvbu2UMHeY


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTyqPsxiUb4


In class this week another student showed the final scene of the original Scarface movie from 1932 and while watching it for the first time I was shocked at how similar it was to the 1983 version I have seen multiple times in my life. I had known that the 1983 version was inspired by the 1932 version but the final scene from both movies is almost identical. Both Tony Montana and Tony Camonte are in a shoot-out from a second-floor where they are surrounded and trapped with their sisters (that both Tonys have feelings for beyond sibling love). Both sisters get shot and it leads to both Montana and Camonte getting crazed and retaliating in a gun firing furry to avenge their sister's death. While watching the scene in class I found it interesting knowing what would happen before it would occur in a movie I hadn't seen before.


No comments:

Post a Comment