...fighting visual illiteracy throughout the known universe...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

"8 1/2" was one of the longer movies that we watched in class, but it was my favorite of them all. I usually detest black and white/older movies, but this one was different because it was absurdly relevant to my life. I can't believe this was my favorite movie in the class because it was all black and white, over two hours long, and had English sub-titles. However, my past/present love life is so similar to that of Fellini's that it kept my attention and fascination throughout the entire movie to see how my life might play out some day. Some lines are actual lines I have heard in the past from either my mother, past girlfriends, or ex-girlfriends and that is how relatable this movie was to my own experiences. I learned a lot from this film about myself and I ended up analyzing my own romantic behavior after watching it. I now know what I must do to keep my relationship going strong, so that I will not end up old and lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment